Friday, June 8, 2012

Getting Ready

Today (by 5pm) will be the start of the Youth Leadership in our church in which I'm one of the facilitators. I'm honestly in anticipation as to how the delegates will present themselves as excited participants. I've even composed text messages for event countdown via sms and in every text brigade message, "Are you ready?" question will never be out of it.

ARE YOU READY?

To be one of the organizers of a camp is an opportunity. It is not just about planning the whole thing, , hitting the target number of audience, coming up with well established objectives and a good menu for meals, and many more. But it is an opportunity to stay on track despite the triggering busy disposition, misunderstandings, clash of ideas, cost-cutting, change of schedules, and many more stuffs for remedy. All these "triggering" factors become threats in the part of the organizers in that it can produce that "obligation thing" in every person....only IF one is not ready. And to be ready is to know that all things (including technicalities) are all in the hands of God believing that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

MnemoniqueJourney

As I glance through my phone just this day, I reviewed all the text messages I've sent. Surprisingly, the "are you ready"-usual-question personally touched something in me.

One thing I've learned from organizing an event is the need to make myself ready before the execution of plan and its technicalities. And when I say to get ready is to have atleast a moment with God, talking things with him about this specific mission and staying in His presence the whole time.This prevents me from being tired emotionally (being physically tired is inevitable) and taking things like just a sort of obligation. To be in no moment with God (even in general) robs the joy that God has bestowed in me at the first place. And being spiritually prepared is not just about preventing myself from haggard and tired face (haha) but it's more of centering my perspective that this is all about Glorifying our Lord and not myself.

1 Corinthians 10:31 says:
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.  

Please pray for our Youth Leadership Summit which will be held at God Has The Answer Church Legazpi, Inc. on June 8, 9, 10 (Service in the morning) and 12.  Help us pray for the following:

  • Provision for the 150php registration fee of each participant
  • Smooth flow of programs
  • Wisdom for invited speakers
  • Praise and Worship Team 
  • Safe venue
  • Favorable weather 
  • lasting effect of messages, workshops, and plenaries on participants and even facilitators
  • MOST OF ALL, that the event will GLORIFY THE LORD JESUS. 
13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son
John 14:13

Just the front page of the event's manual :)


 Thank you so much!


0 comments:

Post a Comment