Monday, July 9, 2012

To You Alone.

Busy schedule and other personal circumstances make it hard for me to update. This, I'm very sad of. But as the common saying goes, "better late than never". This post is my update to this.

Since I've asked for prayers for the event. I would love to update you with all that took place in the Youth Leadership Summit we had last June 8-10, & 12. But first, forgive me on the quality of the pictures. I've only used my blackberry. (Di ko pa kasi afford ang DSLR; Hehe. But I'm sure, God will just provide in His right time.-Ecclesiastes 3:11)

So... let the pictures give a glimpse of the happenings! (again, sorry for the quality)


Pastora Betty talks about Genuine Leadership.

Some of the youth participants


The first night started with a fellowship and leadership talk. It's so ironic that all the participants still enjoy each other's company despite the fact that they see each other often and if they want to.

BTW, the Leadership Summit was titled "Builders' Side: Activate!" We've also enjoyed the theme song (ACTIVATE by Stellar Kart) which was played by SOP Band. Call me bias but their version is one of a kind. haha!

Let me continue.

There were so much to tell but let me just give you highlights of the day.

I. Encounter with a Campus Full Time Missionary. We are very much blessed that Kuya Cip never hesitated to respond to our request to be one of the speakers specifically on the topic of servant leadership. He is a full time missionary of Philippine Campus Crusade for Christ and is committed in helping fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Kuya Cip maximizing his time with the guy leaders


while group discussions are on-going.....
II. Encounter with Surprising Creativity. One of the activities utilized on the second day is to describe personal leadership traits through group drawings. Criteria for judging favors explanation more than the drawing. I was surprised how each and everyone became creative in explaining. Can you guess who won? haha!

Best in haggard face na ako.

III. Encounter with the Community. Then here's the favorite part of the participants (i hope so)..Community Cleaning! We decided to partner with the Barangay where God Has The Answer Church is located. Thank you Barangay Bitano, Legazpi City for giving us the privilege to use our strength to help clean  the area. We pray for a consistent relationship. And honestly, everyone is excited to do community cleaning monthly. 

Nothing beats preparation through a prayer



And ang walang kamatayang truck ni Kuya Angelo!

Kuya Joash, our Young Professionals Group Head

when excitement strikes...


Totoo ito, okay?
After the community cleaning, groups are tasked to re-enact what they have learned and experienced during the community cleaning.


One of the groups on their presentation


I soooooo love this candid shot! Mas maganda talaga pag hindi vain ano? I love them!




I cannot thank God enough for giving us the opportunity to have an intimate encounter with him together through this event. All these activities are nothing of purpose if not for the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Indeed, there is joy in being physically tired. It was all worth it!

Grateful!


MnemoniqueJourney


To my Gracious God,
 Let me join David in his prayer....

It is good to praise the Lord,
and make music to Your name, O Most high,
proclaiming Your love in the morning,
and Your faithfulness at night,
-Psalm 92:1-2
 For You make me glad by Your deeds, Lord;
I sing for joy at what Your hands have done.
How great are Your works, Lord,
how profound Your thoughts!
-Psalm 92:4-5
But You, Lord are forever exalted.
-Psalm 92:8

And! Thank you for your prayers! :) 











0 comments:

Post a Comment